B&K was founded in 1996 and is directed by Mag. Roland Bettschart and Dr. Birgit Kofler.
Our agency specializes in communications and strategy consulting in the areas of medicine, science, health care policy and the hospital sector. We have the know-how and working relationships with the media, institutions, government and policy makers and we make our experience and contacts in these areas available to our customers.
We publish medical journals focusing on pain medicine, anesthesiology, palliative care, intensive care and emergency medicine as well as customized publications (expert meetings, advisory boards, congress reports).
Member of the Executive Board of the Chamber of Commerce for Switzerland, Austria and Liechtenstein
- Managing partner and communications and strategy consultant for more than 15 years
- born in 1955 in Trieste
- academic studies at the University of Vienna and the Bologna Center of Johns Hopkins University
- former journalist with Austria’s ORF TV & Radio Network and with the weekly news magazine Profile
- economics correspondent for Germany’s Süddeutsche Zeitung newspaper; author of numerous non-fiction books
- member of the Executive Board of the Chamber of Commerce for Switzerland, Austria and Liechtenstein
- Managing partner and communications and strategy consultant for ca. 20 years
- publisher of journals in the medical field
- born 1965 in St. Johann, Tirol
- studies in Innsbruck and Paris
- worked at UNESCO in Paris before joining Austrian diplomatic service with posts in Vienna and Austria’s UN mission in New York
- former Chef de Cabinet at Austria’s Ministry of Health
- author of numerous non-fiction books